Since I started working at a subscription box company, it's been really interesting to learn more about the other subscription boxes out there. The first company I learned about was Birchbox, a beauty sample subscription box. My friend Maggie would make Youtube reviews of "the things she received in her Birchbox." And she would drink some wine and then pretend to pull crazy things out like Indiana Pacers salt and pepper shakers and her cat. Yes, her cat, Wally. (Hahahaha.) :)
Influenster is a really cool box because you actually don't have to pay for it. You go to the site and sign up, put in all your social profiles, and fill out a few questionnaires. Then you can receive the box! It's pretty cool how specific some of the products felt, too. :)
1. Kinky Moves Curl Defining Hair Cream $6.00 for a 4 ounce bottle. Great for curly hair. :) Smells really good, too.
2. Boots No. 7 Beautiful Skin: Love this little set of cleanser/moisturizer. The cleanser is actually a lotion, which I think is really good for the winter. I usually try to stay away from harsh cleansers because of how much they dry out my skin. I've found that water by itself in the morning is much better than any cleanser. But this stuff is really great at night. :)
3. Kiss Ever Pro Lashes Starter Kit. $5.99 I'm so bad at applying these. :)
4. NYC New York Color Individual Eyes Custom Compact $4.99 Love the primer in this kit, really makes eyeshadow last longer.
5. Bath & Body Works Mini Candles $3.50 Love these candles-- we have one in our apartment and it is awesome.
6. Eboost $28 for a box of 20. An effervescent powder that comes in four flavors: Orange, Pink Lemonade, Acai Pomegranate, or Super Berry. I received the orange-- it's not too bad! It definitely tastes better than some of the other vintamin C boosters I've had.
7. Goody Simple Styles Spin Pin $7.29 A cute double hair pin that is twisted in a spiral and creates the trendy look of a messy unfinished bun. I LOVE THESE. By far my favorite thing in the box. They make it easy to make fun hairstyles that aren't perfectly polished. My kind of hairstyle. :)
Overall I think the Influenster box is a clever idea. If you were thinking of signing up for Birchbox, you should totally sign up for this instead. :)