Technically this isn't a new DIY since this dress was one of the first things that I ever posted on this little blog when my Nikon and I were just getting to know each other, (;)) but I never put up the entire tutorial! In the beginning of my blog days, I used to post all of my tutorials over on Cut Out + Keep, one of my favorite crafting communities. (By the way, Cut Out + Keep just celebrated their 100,000th member! Holy cow that's a lot of crafters. Congrats to Cat and the rest of the team. :))
This dress is special to me in many ways because it was my first big blog project, I wore it in a trashion show, and holy Moses it took me forever to make. Today it feels more like an art project than a wearable piece-- the textures and the colors make it really stand out in the crowd. :)
I don't even want to know how much thread I used on this dress. A LOT. ;) If anyone is having a bit of trouble, this is the original flower tutorial that inspired me to make this dress.